A hunting leopard and her cub started off our last full day in the beautiful Masai Mara, and even though we spent a good hour watching the attempted hunt, the river crossings again came to the fore. Madness for close to two hours! We had some more good luck with another monster crocodile adding some flavour to the mix, and clicked away as one of the more unorthodox crossings unfolded in front of us. Add all the general game and the couple of lion sightings we photographed, and it made for what is often referred to as a great day!
Major sightings of the day:
- Leopard and cub, hunting wildebeest
- Lions, 2 sightings, both with cubs
- River crossings, up to 20 000 wildebeest and many zebra with 2 crocodile kills
- Large herd of buffalo
- Warthog, many with piglets
- Topi, many with new day old calves