Crossings, crossings and more crossings! Several thousand wildebeest and zebra made their river crossings today, giving us a spectacular front row seat to all the action – and there was a lot of action. The crocodiles were out in full force killing 4 zebra, one of which set off an unbelievable feeding frenzy involving 2 hippos and around 40 seriously large crocs. A wildebeest was also caught by a crocodile, but against all odds, managed to drag himself and the croc to shallow water, and wrestle himself free. Away from the crossings, a male lion, 3 cheetah, a female leopard with a baby impala kill and several hyaena were also seen.
Major sightings of the day:
- 2 hyaena
- 5 hyaena
- Several large river crossings of thousands of wildebeest and zebra
- 4 crocodile kills, 1 wildebeest escaped after being caught
- 2 hippos feeding on zebra and fighting with crocodiles
- ±40 large crocodiles feeding on zebra
- 1 male lion
- 3 cheetah
- Female leopard with a baby impala kill
To join us on safari, click here!